James Michael Hare

...hare-brained ideas from the realm of software development...
posts - 154 , comments - 1269 , trackbacks - 0

My Links

News

Welcome to my blog! I'm a Sr. Software Development Engineer who has been performing C++/C#/Java development for over 20 years, but have definitely learned that there is always more to learn!

All thoughts and opinions expressed in my blog and my comments are my own and do not represent the thoughts of my employer.

Blogs I Read

Follow BlkRabbitCoder on Twitter

Tag Cloud

Archives

.NET

CSharp

Little Wonders

Little Wonders

vNext

C#/.NET Toolbox: A Debugable, Self-Installable Windows Service Template (Redux)

The Original Posts

I had written a pair of posts before about creating a debug-able and self-installing windows service template in C#.  This is a template I began creating to ease creating windows services and to take some of the mundane tasks out of the coding effort.  The original posts were here:

But at the time, though I gave the code samples I didn't have a downloadable for of the template on the blog.  After getting many requests for the actual source, I zipped it up and am posting it with this blog entry.  Click on the link below to download the archive.  The password on the archive is, imaginatively enough, password.  Hope you enjoy and please feel free to comment and suggest changes!

The Download Link

Enjoy!

Technorati Tags: ,,

Print | posted on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 1:08 AM |

Feedback

# re: C# Toolbox: Debug-able, Self-Installable Windows Service Template Redux

Hi James,
Thank you so much for putting your nice codes here! It is so useful and saves me much more efforts to reinvent the wheel. I get a task to write a Windows Service just in one day, as a novice who has never done this before. Life is hard, but fortunately there are always a few good men like you to help those in need.
Really appreciate it!
Thanks,
Ben
5/4/2011 12:12 PM | Ben

# re: C#/.NET Toolbox: A Debugable, Self-Installable Windows Service Template (Redux)

I was missing the ServicesDependedOn property (http://goo.gl/iU3eK) so I added it and updated the zipfile: http://goo.gl/c0LuT
4/26/2012 6:48 AM | RobIII

Very nice and helpful! Quick question...how can I start the service if Automatic is set as the startupmode?
10/3/2013 3:27 PM | Leland Falde

The zip file is password protected
10/9/2013 4:41 AM | Ghazi Sarhan

The lik does not work any more, unfortunately. Is it possible to reshare the code.
Thanks,
Franz
1/2/2014 10:16 AM | Franz Müller

Only a little comment: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! It's saved me hours of work!!
3/9/2015 11:39 AM | Jose